Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Trees again



I haven't had an awful lot of time to draw lately as I've been spending a lot of time looking and applying for jobs so this has all that I've had the chance to do really. I've also been trying out some sketches for a children's book that my friends writing, it's been quite difficult but it's good that I have a good excuse to push my self into drawing things that I would usually shy away from (by that I mean people, I'm terrible at drawing people.) I'll post more about this next week though.



I actually don't really like this drawing of the turtle playing in the leaves. Don't get me wrong I like the idea of it, it's just the execution of the idea I have a problem with. I wasn't going to post it but then I thought, why not be honest? I know I'm not exactly Da Vinci here but sometimes my little drawings can be particularly underwhelming.

One of my best friends is coming over tomorrow so today my day shall be full of tidying up and food shopping. I'm going to be a nice little hostess and make her some sweet potato soup, I haven't seen her for bloody ages so I can't wait to catch up with her! I should really get packing this weekend actually, as I'll be moving to Belfast on Tuesday! I'm pretty excited, yesterday, when I was handing out C.Vs there, I bumped into another one of my besties who was with a friend of hers so we got some coffee and chatted for a bit (well they chatted, I felt a bit ill for some reason - but I'm fine now!) This is what I've missed the most about Belfast when I've been in London, sure it doesn't quite have the culture or the awesome museums but it is nice and small. You could never just bump into a friend whilst in London (actually I did actually bump into a relative once!) and I'm really happy that it'll be much easier to see them now!

So what are your weekend plans sexy reader? I am very nosey and would love to hear them!


2 comments:

  1. I thought the turtle had fallen from the tree after trying to hide up there! I chuckled. I also really like the tree the giraffe is going for - I can just see it on the page of a children's book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, you're right it does look like he fell off! Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete